How Can I Prevent Neuropathic Pain?
The best way to prevent neuropathic pain is to avoid development of neuropathy. Monitoring and modifying lifestyle choices, including limiting the use of tobacco and alcohol, maintaining a healthy weight to decrease the risk of diabetes, or stroke. Also using good ergonomic form at work or when practicing hobbies to decrease the risk of repetitive stress injury are ways to decrease the risk of developing neuropathy and possible neuropathic pain.
Ways to prevent neuropathy can be one of many such as:
- Report symptoms of diabetic neuropathy
- If you have problems, get treatment right away
- Take good care of your feet
- Protect your feet
- Get special shoes if needed
- Be careful with exercising